Wednesday 18 July 2007

Should you buy it? Rusk Thermal STR8 Flat Iron Spray

I have had curly hair my entire life. As a young girl, I really struggled with the cascades of curls. I started looking much like Orphan Annie and by the time I was in high school, my hair was longer, but still difficult to make beautiful. Like most people, I wished my hair was straight because it was curly. I am sure I would have felt the opposite way if my hair was naturally straight!

I grew to love my hair, especially during college, because fixing curly hair was so easy and perfect for rushing to classes last minute or throwing up some last minute style for a night out on the town. Alas, it seems my beautiful curls have somewhat left me and been replaced by not-so-fun, somewhat un-pretty waves. With this new hair type, I am back at the beginning, struggling to make it work and be easy. In the interim of me mastering my hair, I have began straightening with a flat iron almost every time I wash it. I have extremely dry hair so I (gasp) don't wash my hair every day so I hope that can cut down the damage caused from the Chi flat iron I received for Christmas three years ago. Side note: The Chi straightener is AMAZING. Do not buy anything else but this; it is the best.

But back to my product evaluation. I have tried a few flat iron sprays to keep my hair healthy during the abuse I put it through while straigtening it. The ones I have tried include the Chi Iron Guard and Big Sexy Hair Soya Want Flat Hair and Rusk Thermal STR8. The best one, hands down, is the Rusk one.

Pros: Fine mist (the Chi version is a pump spray and not as effective), protects hair, leaves hair feeling silky (Big Sexy Hair attempt makes your hair NASTY - I used it once and threw it away.), makes it 10 times easier to use the flat iron, smells delicious (but I don't eat it:)

Cons: Tall bottle is hard to tote around to my boyfriend's and/or family's since I am gone almost every weekend

GG Grade: A+

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...