Wednesday 8 June 2011

"I was in denial" English actress & model and The "Harry Potter" superstar Emma Watson


English actress & model and The "Harry Potter" superstar Emma Watson opened up about her decision to leave Brown University and her coming to terms with fame.After abruptly dropping out of the Ivy League university, rumors began to circulate that the "Harry Potter" star had fallen victim to bullying by fellow classmates. Reportedly, she couldn't handle the various Hermione Granger jokes hurled at her by other students."It made me so sad when all this stuff came out that I left Brown because I was being bullied," she said. "It made no sense at all. Brown has been the opposite.

"I've never even been asked for an autograph on campus. I threw a party for nearly 100 students and not a single person put a photo on Facebook," she says. "Anyway, even if I was being given a hard time, I wasn't going to wuss out of university because someone said 'Wingardium leviosa' to me in a corridor, or 'Ten points for Gryffindor.' I've been dealing with the media sine I was nine. If I can't stand up to a few people giving me a hard time, it's a bit pathetic, really. I've had so much worse."If she could take any cue from her on-screen character, we're glad the girl got thick skin. She's achieved more success and made more money in the past 10 years than many of those kids would in their lifetime, anyway.

"I was in denial," she explains. "I wanted to pretend I wasn't as famous as I was. I was trying to seek out normality, but I kind of have to accept who I am, the position I'm in and what happened."Emma Saying , "I'd say to my friends, 'Why hasn't X called me? Why doesn't anyone ever pursue me?' They're like, 'Probably because they're intimidated.' It must be the fame wall. It must be the circus that goes around me. Me, as a person, I find it hard to believe I would be intimidating."Watson appeared at the MTV Movie Awards over the weekend, where she cheered on co-star Tom Felton as he accepted the award for "Best Villain" She also debuted a sneak peek at the upcoming (and final... sad!) installment of the "Harry Potter" franchise, due out mid July.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...