Friday 9 October 2009

Singing Sensation Jay Z At Night Club

From Drake to Diddy to New York Governor David Paterson, there has been high praise for Jay Z being named MTV News' 2009 Hottest MC in the Game.

Jay wrote a letter to MTV News, reacting to his latest accolade of Hottest MC in the Game.

Famous Singing Sensation Jay Z

"MTV, Thanx for this nod of appreciation," Jay wrote. "Although I don't strive to be 'hot' for any particular year, I thank you for the acknowledgment. My whole goal is to be recognized as the best ever. I created the term 'best rapper alive' as a sign of respect to my fallen comrades (Biggie and Tupac). I believe I've allowed a significant grace period, and I believe I would not be respecting myself if being the absolute best was not my goal, and that's why I continue to push myself until exhaustion ... salute.

"Sidebar: Kanye moment if I may ... Eminem?!?! I think you do the credibility of this list a disservice if you don't thoroughly explain his omission Jay Z continued. "As of this second he has the highest selling rap album of the year and a scene stealing verse on the best 'posse' cut of the year . (*Hands mic back to Taylor Swift ... and nobody was harmed, I apologize in advance.)"

Rick Ross, who finished at #5, said no one is more deserving of the top spot than Jay.

"I most definitely agree with Jay-Z being the Hottest MC," Ross said. "He's affected the top five directly or indirectly. He signed Kanye West. He signed me to Def Jam. He influenced Lil Wayne and co-signed Drake. Jay most definitely has had the biggest impact on the game and the culture."

Ross was extremely pleased with his own ranking. "It's an honor to be in the top five," he said. "It's a monumental moment. I remember always watching 'Yo! MTV Raps' and seeing Fab Five Freddy. The Hottest MCs list carries on in the tradition of representing real hip-hop. I think the list was great. Everybody with my name on best dating sites on there is real competitive. It's always great to get recognized for your accomplishments. Each year, I sit down and watch the debates and the rankings. MTV is really on point."

On Sunday, Drake said being #3 was an extreme honor. "I'm at such an early stage in my career," Drizzy said via phone. "I'm still learning from all these MCs that are on the list. Personally, I'm honored to be anywhere. There's no number where I think I should be. I'm not gonna sit here and be like '3!' It's just an honor for MTV to even bring up my name. That's crazy. That's really crazy, man. That's something to celebrate. We gotta celebrate tonight. I don't mind being"

News And Information On Jay Z


So, after that rather dramatic shutting down of the nightclubs a few weeks back, the city continues to think up new, creative ideas to make the place the night club more appealing and appropriate to families.

Their latest solution? A night club!Well. This just gets more interesting by the day, doesn't it?

Meanwhile, we love the name 20/20. It conjures up both thoughts of a "Dateline"-type expose and/or Jay-Z's 40/40 club best dating destination and since the intended audience is underage, the double entendre makes total sense. Genius.

source::mtv.com


Jay-Z and his Roc-a-Fella associates greatly influenced the industry and established many of the trends that pervaded during the late '90s and early 2000s.


Read more on Jay Z biography here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...