Thursday 25 February 2010

'CHARAN IS HOT!'
Sanchita may not have any Sandalwood offers, but she's landed an
enviable role in Ram Charan Tej's next
Madhu Daithota
TIMES NEWS NETWORK


BLAME it on luck. She went to audition for the hero's friend's
lover's role (which she considered a huge break) but ended up landing
the part of one of the heroines. "Director Bhasker, who'd earlier
directed the superhit Bommarilu, was so impressed by my acting that he
finalised me as one of the heroines on the spot," says this lass.
The girl in question is 20-year-old Sanchita Shetty, a Bangalorean
who has bagged a prominent role in Bhasker's forthcoming flick,
Orange. What makes it even more special for her is that in her first
Tollywood attempt, she's sharing screen space with none other than
current south sensation Ram Charan Tej. "I think he's really hot," she
laughs, when asked about her prized catch. "I know many girls are
dying to be in my shoes, but I guess I was plain lucky," says
Sanchita, who'll soon be off on a 70-day shoot in Australia.
The newbie has earlier acted in a Tamil film — a Jayam Ravi
production — and it was the director of that film who suggested that
she give this film a shot. Genelia D'Souza and Shahzahn Padamsee are
also in Orange, but Sanchita isn't insecure. "I don't think any
director would suggest to an unknown face that he wants her to play a
bigger role. I'd have been just another face in the film had I played
the hero's friend's girlfriend. So, I'm grateful to Bhasker for giving
me this character," she tells us.
Aiming to essay only performance-oriented roles, Sanchita makes no
bones about having a rule book when it comes to showing skin. "Unlike
other newcomers, I don't think wearing a bikini will fetch roles. You
need to be genuinely talented," she says. Being a Kannadiga, why isn't
she doing Kannada films? "I did sign a film, titled Bharachukki, last
year and it was shelved midway. Now, I have no offers and there are
good projects coming my way from the Tamil and Telugu film industries.
Why would I say no to them?" she signs off.

LUCKY GIRL: Sanchita Shetty

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...